The Project Engineer will be responsible for providing a wide range of supporting actions across several projects managed by the company in the field of offshore steel structures, construction/repair and maintenance of equipment present on offshore facilities such as rigs, platforms and barges.
The Project Engineer will have a key position interfacing the construction, marine, logistics and purchasing departments. Thus, the candidate shall demonstrate a good knowledge of steel construction and industrial equipment maintenance such as engines, cranes, pumps etc., excellent communication and organization skills and shall rapidly develop a sharp understanding of technical project management and its specific needs.
Location: Dixstone Main Ofice in Hoofddorp – the Netherlands
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting the project manager and project team with project documentation and control, job cost accounting, scheduling, and construction supervision efforts.
- Preparation of conversion specifications
- Project execution
- Procurement of equipment and selection of contractors
- Planning, budgeting and accounting
- Assist with on-site management to ensure project success
- Ensure project plan is moving forward to meet anticipated deadlines
- You will be reporting to the Construction Manager
Skills and qualification
- Master’s degree in marine or offshore Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 -10 years’ experience as a project coordinator, project engineer, or project manager
- Experience in Offshore or Maritime Industry
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Fluent in English, Intermediate level of French Language required (plus)
Press the ‘apply now’ button and send us your CV and cover letter. We will be pleased to contact you for further discussion.