As a Marine Superintendent based in our office in Hoofddorp (The Netherlands), you will be ensuring the safe and efficient operation of assigned Company vessels in accordance with SMS principles. We are looking for someone with theoretical & practical experience in ships’ operations, including but not limited to seagoing experience as a Deck Officer and relevant nautical studies.
Dixstone is a subsidiary of the Perenco Group, based in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands. For the past 5 years the company has been operating a wide range of offshore vessels - ranging from Barges, AHTS, Multicats, and Cable Layers. There are approximately 600 Seamen (on/offshore) operating our fleet of 24 vessels worldwide.
Do you want to join our team to help further optimize how we manage all our 20+ vessels located worldwide and participate in exciting projects? Join our team!
Job responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Fleet Manager in his duties.
- Supervising and monitoring all aspects of assigned ship operation including navigation, cargo/ballast handling, safety and environmental protection aspects, to ensure that these are carried out in compliance with Company requirements and maritime Rules, regulations/ requirements and Industry Standards for a flawless, efficient, competitive and customer focused operation.
- The timely correction/rectification of any outstanding items related to SMS and safe operation of the vessels. Such items are discussed /agreed with the Technical Department when required.
- Inspecting fleet vessels in port and en-route, in coordination with the Technical Superintendents, providing specific instructions to the ship’s Officers for items related to SMS.
- Making recommendations for rectification of deficiencies or improvements to the existing situation.
- Monitoring of Flag State and Port State Control requirements and the follow-up of third-party inspections’ results.
- Close monitoring / assessing of pre-loading/ pre-discharging plans, as well as of the ballast management plans.
- Matters related to cargo nature, tank cleaning, approval from authorities, safe navigation, etc.
- Monitoring the inventories of mooring equipment, safety equipment, firefighting equipment, and portable instruments.
- Attending Vetting and third-party inspections.
- The promotion of SMS Policy and culture on board vessels.
- Performing internal audits.
- Investigating accidents, incidents and serious near misses.
- Reviewing all reports of non-conformities, incidents or near misses for his assigned vessels. Follow-up the implementation, verification of corrective actions process, inclusive effectiveness and suggest to the DPA possible improvements/modifications of the SMS, if required.
- Organizing inspections in accordance with the SMS requirements.
- Keeping abreast and monitor assigned vessels’ condition. Inspecting vessels and preparing condition/attendance reports, including comments for vessels’ condition as well as crew performance
- Issuing maintenance instructions (job orders) following a vessel’s inspection.
- Following-up all reports of assigned vessels’ condition and performance.
- Assisting shipboard personnel to eliminate problems and/or malfunctions.
- Developing efficient repair methods and evaluating/selecting, in cooperation with the Technical department, quality sub-contractors.
- Attending repairs and Dry Dockings.
- Attending and ride with vessels to solve operational problems aboard.
- Planning vessels’ equipment maintenance as allowed by vessel’s itinerary and schedule and in accordance with Company’s set procedures.
- Monitoring and processing the Planned Maintenance System for life saving appliances and firefighting equipment.
- Attending delivery of new acquisitions.
- The seafarers’ level of on-board training and the monitoring and execution of scheduled drills.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of Masters, Chief Engineers and Officers on board, reporting accordingly to the department Manager.
- Identifying the need for crew training.
- Conducting on board training.
Qualification and Skills:
- Seagoing experience as a Deck Officer and relevant nautical studies.
- Willing to be part of a fast-paced environment within a developing company
- Theoretical and practical experience in ship’s operation.
- Knowledge of Statutory & Class regulations and standards
- Good communication skills (English is mandatory, French is a plus)
- An attractive and competitive salary and benefit package including 25 days holiday, based on a full-time basis of 40 hours a week
- Location: NL (Hoofddorp)
- Type of contract: Local
- Start: September/October 2023
Press the ‘apply now’ button and send us your CV and cover letter. We will be pleased to contact you for further discussion.