As a Technical Superintendent based in our office in Hoofddorp you will be in charge of technically supporting a group of vessels. We are looking for someone with strong knowledge of offshore supply vessels, including offshore assignment as a Chief Engineer.
Dixstone is a subsidiary of the Perenco Group, based in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands. For the past 5 years the company has been operating a wide range of vessels - ranging from Barges, AHTS, Multicats, and Cable Layers. We have approximately 600 Seamen (on/offshore) operating our fleet of 24 Vessels worldwide.
Do you want to join our team to help further optimize how we manage all our 20+ Vessels located worldwide and participate in exciting projects? Join our team!
Job responsibilities include:
- The coordination of all technical matters in line with Company policies, maritime rules and regulations and industry standards.
- Organizing and implementing courses of action for matters of technical nature arising on board vessels.
- Implementing machinery and hull performance monitoring in the context of long-term ship’s costs savings.
- Co-operating with the Operations/Marine department to achieve optimum vessels’ performance with the assigned vessels’ commercial obligations.
- Inspecting assigned vessels and issuing attendance reports, including comments for their condition equipment as well as for crew performance.
- Attending and riding with assigned vessels to solve technical problems and developing troubleshooting methodology and procedures.
- The effective implementation of preventive maintenance of ship’s hull, main machinery, deck machinery, electrical equipment, etc, as described in the PMS and set by Class/Flag State requirements.
- Dealing with any damage repairs preserving vessels commercial competence and originating long term corrective actions in order to avoid reoccurrence. Monitoring all technical problems, major defects and follow up, until corrective action is verified.
- Monitoring and evaluating the technical performance of assigned vessels and for initiating corrective when such performance does not meet with Company’s standards.
- Developing efficient repair methods and evaluating/selecting, in cooperation with the other quality sub-contractors.
- Monitoring all technical aspects of assigned vessels’ operation including maintenance and repair, and environmental protection, to ensure that these are carried out in compliance with requirements for a flawless, efficient, competitive and customer focused operation and international and flag state legislation.
- Preparing of repairs/conversions & dry-docking specifications and supervising the execution of all such works
- Supply management (Monitoring, Maintenance, Creating PO’s, etc.)
Qualification and Skills:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Vessel maintenance background, Chief Engineer exposure
- Willing to be part of a fast-paced environment within a developing company
- Seagoing experience as a Chief Engineer (degree from a Technical Institution of higher education.)
- Experience with OSV is preferred
- Theoretical and practical technical experience in maintenance and repairs.
- Good communication skills (English is mandatory, French & Dutch is a plus)
- An attractive and competitive salary and benefit package including 25 days holiday, based on a full-time basis of 40 hours a week
- Location: NL (Hoofddorp) with trips to sites, clients and suppliers
- Type of contract: Local
- Start: September 2023
Press the ‘Apply Now’ button and send us your CV. We will be pleased to contact you for further discussion.